Josephine Baker Suite
When Josephine Baker visited Barcelona, this was her home. There was no other hotel in the city that offered the luxury, good taste and sophistication of El Palace. The star of the Charleston, jazz and the big screen, who had won over an admiring audience with her talent and beauty, triggered great expectation in Barcelona whenever she performed in the hotel's Parrilla lounge, bringing together an elegant, refined and varied audience, who came to El Palace hoping to meet the great diva of the time.
Inspired by her French château
With a wealth of detail, the Josephine Baker suite has a feminine, refined atmosphere inspired by the artist's beautiful château (Château des Milandes).
The predominant colours are pastel shades in the lounge and subtle red in the bedrooms, combined with French Louis XVI-style furniture and top-quality embroidered floral fabrics mixed with excellent silks.
An original Louis XVI table presides over the lounge, the lamps and wall lights have been reproduced as an exact replica of the original models and the exceptional Roman bath with its mosaics, commissioned by César Ritz and only preserved in El Palace, make this delightful suite a very special choice.
There are many different objects hidden in the suite's decoration and in the tiny details in memory of Josephine Baker. These include photographs, portraits and paintings related to the artist's most successful period and the time she spent at El Palace.
- King-size (2x2 m) or twin beds (1x2 m).
- Separate lounge and bedroom that can be turned into a suite with one or two bedrooms.
- IP telephone and telephone with voice mail and data port.
- CD and DVD player on request.
- Dressing room.
- 49” Magic Mirror TV.
- High-speed Internet access (wireless and cable).
- Individual temperature control.
- Large desk with built-in mains sockets.
- Fully-refurbished, Roman-style bathroom decorated with mosaics.
- Whirlpool bath and Rain Shower system.
- Hairdryer and magnifying mirror.
- Bathrobe and slippers.
- Maid service twice a day.
- L’Occitane en Provence bathroom products.
- VIP amenities.
- Private check-in.
- À la carte breakfast included in the room rate.
- Free minibar.
- Hotel porter luggage service.
- VIP services and Chopard VIP products.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- iPod docking station on request.