Joan Miró was one of the most influential artists of the 20th century and of surrealism. More famous for his paintings, his artwork also encompassed other disciplines, such as pottery, engraving, lithography and sculpture, with a very personal style that reflected his concerns. In the early twentieth century, only a few years before the doors of the Ritz opened, he joined the Barcelona School of Fine Arts. It was here that he first came into contact with sculpture and was enticed by it over the years until his own sculptural work began to gain significant importance in the sixties.
The Golden Suite
Colour is basic in Joan Miró's work, especially the use of primary colours and, although bronze is very important in sculpture, this essence is reflected in all of his work. The colour scheme chosen for this suite includes mustard yellow, a warm, bright colour that is happy and optimistic, combined with lead grey and high-quality dark woods. The Joan Miró suite has classic, stately lines, with French Louis XVI-style furniture and delicate fabrics. Lamps and wall lights have been reproduced as an exact replica of the hotel's original lighting, and the Roman bath with its original mosaics on the walls and floor remains in place.
Every detail of the room has been carefully chosen. These include photographs, portraits and paintings related to the great Catalan master.
- King-size (2x2 m) or twin beds (1x2 m).
- Separate lounge and bedroom that can be turned into a suite with one or two bedrooms.
- IP telephone and telephone with voice mail and data port.
- CD and DVD player on request.
- Dressing room.
- 49” Magic Mirror TV.
- High-speed Internet access (wireless and cable).
- Individual temperature control.
- Large desk with built-in mains sockets.
- Fully-refurbished, Roman-style bathroom decorated with mosaics.
- Whirlpool bath and Rain Shower system.
- Hairdryer and magnifying mirror.
- Bathrobe and slippers.
- Maid service twice a day.
- L’Occitane en Provence bathroom products.
- VIP amenities.
- Private check-in.
- À la carte breakfast included in the room rate.
- Free minibar.
- Hotel porter luggage service.
- VIP services and Chopard VIP products.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- iPod docking station on request.
Foto e video